Geofencing: How would you like get a “ping” on your cell phone as you walked around a corner into a store aisle of your favorite supermarket? As you walk down the potato chip aisle, you get a phone alert. Given that you HAVE TO OPT IN to receive these pings:
- How would you like Starbucks to send a coupon for your favorite drink to your cell phone when you are within 1/2 mile of a Starbucks store?
- How would you liked to be notified when your child gets outside a physical boundary?
- You’re researching the newest plasma TV models via Google, video reviews, social connections, and online consumer reports. You decide on a product, then researches local retail outlets where you can make your purchase. As you walk into a store, how would you like to receive a push notification from one of your apps, informing you that you can get this TV for a better price at a store you had been to before?
This is geofencing–a new Challenge of the Digital Age!
- What security and privacy concerns can you think of with this technology?
- Other than hefty fines, how would you hold violators accountable?
- What incententives would you provide for responsible use of geofencing?
Looking for help with your homework?
Place an Order
Grab a 30% Discount and Get your paper done!