During the first class, I covered the main documents comprising a comprehensive estate plan. Now that you have had some time to reflect on this lecture as well as review the handouts on these topics (Trust, Pour Will, Durable Power of Attorney for Legal and Financial Affairs; Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and Medical Decisions, and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Representative.
In this paper, you are asked to explain a comprehensive estate plan to a married couple with three (3) minor children. This paper should address the purpose of each document, its duration/existence, and other relevant issues. You should indicate how these documents interface with each other. Also, your paper should address fiduciaries: personal representatives, agents, trustees, and patient advocates (including HIPAA).
General Guidelines for Writing Assignment(s)
1. Papers should be about three pages
2. Spacing should be no more than 1.5 lines with standard formatting for margins.
3. When beginning the writing assignment, it is often helpful to review of the handouts as well as the information in your text to get a solid understanding of the material. This material can then be supplemented with other resources, such as internet materials.
4. When writing, please use your own words. If you plagiarize material, you stand the chance of jeopardizing your grade in this class as well as other university imposed sanctions.
5. Your paper doesn’t necessarily have to be a work of art, but please take some time to ensure your spelling, grammar, and information are accurate. 6. When citing material (either quoting or as a main source of information), please footnote and appropriately cite your resource(s) within the body as well as the end of your paper. Full citation(s) should be documented on a separate page at the end of your pape