Is unionization a good thing or a bad thing for employees, business, the economy, society, etc.?
- Present both sides of the argument. Use information from the text and other course documents to support your arguments (topics should include the efficiency, equity, and voice triad; the four schools of labor relations; and other information from the book and course document.)
2.Based on the two arguments above, discuss your opinion of the efficacy (effectiveness) of the labor movement and if there is a need for reform.
Papers should be approximately 3-5 pages in length. All answers should be thorough and well-thought out. Remember, this is a graduate-level course and you will be graded accordingly.
- Papers should show knowledge of the material and demonstrate the ability to synthesize the theory (not just repeat it back.).
- Papers should be in 12 pt. (Arial, times Roman) and doubled space with one-inch margins.
- Answers should be written in APA format. Use headings and subheadings (in APA format) to delineate questions and part of questions. Do not repeat the questions or number them.
- Papers will also be graded on grammar, spelling, and appropriate APA formatting (headings, subheadings, paragraphs, page numbers, etc.). These are formal papers and should be written as such. Do not use contractions (isn’t, can’t) and write out single-digit numbers (six, rather than 6). Proofread your work carefully!
- Please review the rubric attached to this module before submitting the assignment, as this will be used as the grading guideline.