Write an essay in which you analyze the role that setting and character play in driving the plot events in “The Crucible”. The essay should contain an introduction, body, and conclusion, be 1-2 pages in length, typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font, size 12. Please save your essay as a Word document and submit as an attachment to be graded.
• Choose a story with elements that are clearly or strongly related. For example, you might choose a story with a plot in which the setting is crucial.
• Briefly summarize the story, describing the setting(s) and the major characters.
• Analyze the ways in which setting is essential to the plot of the story. For example, in an adventure story the plot events might hinge on severe weather conditions, high altitude, or heavy snowfall.
• Analyze the ways in which the main characters are crucial to the arc of the story. For example, a reckless climber might take a risk that becomes an inciting event that drives the entire story’s action.
• In your conclusion, summarize how the author’s choices in creating and developing characters and establishing setting impact the sequence of events in the story.