Why Can’t People Feed Themselves: the Price of Progress 1) In the article,”Why Can’t People Feed
Themselves?” by Frances Moore Lappe and Joseph Collins, what is the main
theme and the most important points that the authors are trying to make?
2) In the article, what process or processes are the two
authors talking about when they state that “hunger and underdevelopment
must always be thought of as a ‘process’?”
3) In the article, what has been the economic legacy of
colonialism? How have historians misrepresented the nature of history?
4) In the Article, “The Price of Progress” by John
Bodley, what is the most frequently used measure of progress in quality of life
and why is it inadequate?
5) In the article, upon what exactly is the author saying
that the entire “victims of progress” issue hinges? Why is he saying tribal
people are victimized?
6) What is the author saying are some medical problems that
result from progress and what is he saying the causes of those medical problems